See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

A Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of Tanzania

Tanzania Field Guide

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Safaridude

Safaridude

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

A Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of Tanzania (by Charles Foley, Lara Foley, Alex Lobora, Daniela De Luca, Maurus Msuha, Tim R. B. Davenport & Sarah Durant):  http://press.princet...tles/10225.html

This is an outstanding new field guide and a "must-purchase" if one travels to Tanzania.  What good does an out-of-date field guide do if you are searching for a particular animal?  This new field guide avoids that problem.  Packed full of information yet concisely written, this collaborative effort really shines.

Of particular importance to a "mammal twitcher", the book indicates precisely where a particular mammal is likely to be found (and not just the name of the park or a region of the country) and the latest information on the population numbers if available.

I found this book to be very useful during my latest trip to Tanzania.  This book belongs in every safari camp (and even every vehicle) in Tanzania as well as your bookshelf.

• Game Warden, madaboutcheetah, Paolo and 2 others like this

#2 Zubbie15

Zubbie15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the review @Safaridude, I just received this book in preparation for our trip next February to Tanzania, and have to say I wish I'd had it for our first trip there.  The info is definitely top notch. 

• IamFisheye likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tanzania, Field Guide

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.