Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SSF556

Mashatu Charter Flight direct from JNB to Mashatu

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

a little pricey....$1600 for 2 people roundtrip

CHARTER FLIGHTS TO MASHATU

We are excited to announce a scheduled flight service into Limpopo Valley Airfield on Mashatu. Commencing May 3rd 2015, guests will fly non-stop from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. This service will be operated twice a week by Angel Gabriel Aeronautics in association with Comair Flight Services.

Important details are:

The service will facilitate guests transit through the international terminal at OR Tambo.

The flights are non-stop into Limpopo Valley Airfield which is on Mashatu Game Reserve.

Guests clear customs and immigration into Botswana at Limpopo Valley Airfield on Mashatu.

A late morning departure from OR Tambo to Limpopo Valley Airfield and an early afternoon departure from Limpopo Valley Airfield to OR Tambo will enable guests to co-ordinate most connections with international and domestic flights.

The flight takes approximately 60 minutes one way.

All flights are in a pressurized turbo-prop aircraft.

The fare will be $ 400.00 nett one way per person, or $ 755.00 nett return per person.

http://mashatu.com/by-air/

Edited by SSF556

I don't think it is pricey for a hour flight. From memory a road transfer from polokwane to meet the scheduled flight and drive into Mashatu was more than 3000ZAR per person, for a 3 hours at least drive (on top of the cost of the flight)

by far the cheapest way to travel between Mashatu and Jo'burg is to rent a car, leave it at the border station and then be picked up by the lodge - and depending on your travel times, it might not even be a much slower alternative

Although this may be completely irrelevant, it is the same cost as flights from Arusha or Dar to Ruaha.

You're welcome. :)

by far the cheapest way to travel between Mashatu and Jo'burg is to rent a car, leave it at the border station and then be picked up by the lodge - and depending on your travel times, it might not even be a much slower alternative

agree with that !

Did it once.

I must say your flight has to arrive early at JNB so you can make it to pontdrift before closing time.

I didn't take the risk and stayed an extra night at a nearby lodge.

agree with that !

Did it once.

I must say your flight has to arrive early at JNB so you can make it to pontdrift before closing time.

I didn't take the risk and stayed an extra night at a nearby lodge.

It can be done. We did it last August. We got the early flight from LHR and paid to be whisked through customs and immigration, it was so fast that we had to wait for our bags to be offloaded! Plenty of time and no need to speed