Issue 3 January 2015:
- Conservation in Focus. @Calvin Cottar puts foward opinion and solutions for Kenya's conservation problems.
- Safari guide Kane Motswana shares images of a honeybadger fighting off a lion pride.
- Feature article: "Inspiring Africa's next conservationists." I interview Sue Snyman, Programme director of Children in the Wilderness and Clive Walker and John Hanks, Patron and Chair of the Board respectively of the Lapalala Wilderness School.
- Members' gallery - "Show us your babies."
- Notes from the field. @Rod Cassidy updates us to latest happenings from the Central African Republic.
- Building an overlander. @Bugs talks us through the build up of his new expedition vehicle.
- Self-drive Zimbabwe Style. @Whyone? shares his experiences of self-driving to Mana Pools.
- Latest sightings.
- Trekking through Uganda. @pault talks gorillas and chimpanzees.
- Postcards from 1960s Uganda. @twaffle shares some of her father's images and her own childhood experiences in postcard format.
- Interview: James Sengeny Safari Guide.
- Best of Birding.
- Masai Mara Balloon Safari. @Riz Jiwa talks about his experiences as a balloon pilot in Kenya.
- Book review: Into the River of Life. Ian Player's biography.
And a couple of other bits and bobs.
View the Digimag online here.
Download as a PDF file for iPad and Tablet viewing for free here:
Safaritalkissue3mag1optimized.pdf 23.07MB 2769 downloads
Downloading for Ipad/tablet - instructions: assuming you download it by clicking on the PDF link above, using the Safari web browser, when it finishes downloading the PDF will be opened in Safari as a web page. You can save it to the iBooks library by tapping just above the title to make a toolbar appear. Select Open in iBooks, or Open in... for any other app if you prefer. (Note: thanks to @JohnR for the instructions).
If anyone does have problems with downloading for Ipad/tablet please do say below and tag @JohnR as well.
You need a reader which will display even+odd pages together whereas the default is odd+even: GoodReader can do the correct layout. You can tell it which page to start the 2-up displays on. You can download the app from the iTunes app store. For further information visit: www.goodreader.com/goodreader.html.
I have found a PDF reader for Android which allows the PDF to be opened in a magazine mode. It comes in Lite and paid versions and I've only tried the latter.
It has to be set to "Double Page - Cover" mode in the Page Layout section of the settings. They also do an iPad and a desktop version
Thanks to @JohnR for that info.
And of course, many thanks to everyone who contributed, helped with ideas, gave feedback, @Safaridude for the spell checking and so on.