See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Wanted: African bird songs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimplyRed

SimplyRed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Wildlife Photographer/Artist

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

I may have asked this question before.  I usually have my computer sound turned off.  Can't stand all that "you've got mail" nonesense.  However, with it turned on this morning I finally noticed the amazing bird sounds that Matt loaded onto the forums page.  There is nothing that brings me back to Africa like the call of their birds.  We have nothing near to them in the midwest.  I would love to have specifically African bird calls/songs on my iPod to put me to sleep at night.  I'm looking for just the bird calls.....none of that sappy music overlay.   Does anyone have a source?  I've had very little luck finding any that can be downloaded to my iPod.

Thanks,

'Red

“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

T&T Images www.tonna.zenfolio.com

#2 ovenbird

ovenbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 AM
  • Category 2:---

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:35 PM

http://www.xeno-cant...ion/area/africa should do it! 

#3 kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 4,457 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 AM
  • Category 2:Wildlife Photographer/Artist

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

You could try http://www.wildsound...sg_africa.shtml
If an experience is amazing enough to be "once in a lifetime," I want to do it every year.
Alex: "Whoa! Hold up there a second, fuzzbucket. You mean like, uh, the live in a mud hut wipe yourself with a leaf type wild?"
King Julian: “Who wipes?”

#4 ovenbird

ovenbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 AM
  • Category 2:---

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

I don't know why but the safaritalk url link icon changed the url I input and I can't just cut and paste it here.  So I'll try to type it instead.  It is a link to a collection of sounds specific to African birds and downloading is free.  I use these in my iPhone all the time.  Hope the link works.  Uh oh, it didn't.  So just use the link in my first post and add the following to the url:

collection/area/africa

Edited by ovenbird, 21 November 2014 - 02:42 AM.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.