The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

wildgiraffe

I am new here :) and so glad that I found this forum. I love nature and animals and want to dedicate my life to conserving them/creating awareness. So this is my first post. This is a link to a video clip that I made at the David Sheldrick's Wildlife Trust, I uploaded the video onto youtube. I looove elephants, and I think that all that can be done should be done to save our elephants. Hope you enjoy the video!

Edited by wildgiraffe

@@wildgiraffe, I love visiting the ellies at Sheldrick and admire their hard work and care for the foster elephants they tend to 24/7.

Thanks for sharing your video,

and Welcome!

Has anyone watched the Yao Ming documentary on saving elephants -- "Saving Africa's Giants"? He is trying to make a difference in China regarding the import and buying of ivory. The photo of 7'6" Yao with the tiny new ellies at the Sheldrick compound are beyond beautiful.

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/saving-africas-giants/photos/saving-africas-giants-yao-ming.htm

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/18/364889068/ex-nba-star-yao-ming-encourages-chinese-to-stop-buying-ivory

Edited by SimplyRed

:) So... a few photos that I have added of the elephants! post-48820-0-96802500-1416995673_thumb.jpgpost-48820-0-18177200-1416995693_thumb.jpgpost-48820-0-15651800-1416995759_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome wildgiraffe!

The Sheldrick Foundation does such fantastic work -- I love that place! The eles look like they're rolling around in milk chocolate at the noon mudbath.

Four Christmases ago I sponsored eles for my niece & nephew and it has now become a tradition.

They love getting their regular updates and my niece is now saving up to join me on a pilgramage to Kenya to see if we can find her ele. ;)

I can't wait to go back!

Edited by KathBC

THAT :) is sooo awesome KathBC would be so glad to have you around! I try to showcase the importance of wildlife as much as I can... because I believe that without them, we're nothing, as human beings.