Kwando Lebala - October 2009 - the Magician in action

Bush dog

Well, thank you, Game Warden

Also, thank you to you, Hari.

I just want to say that this could not have been achieved without Spencer's competence and knowledge. Indeed when I asked him how many time did we had to wait for the warthogs to emerge from the burrow, he answered between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. They came out after 1hour 35'. He also positioned the car at the right place. Thanks a lot, Spencer!!!!

Wow, fantastic sighting and absolutely spectacular pictures. Thanks for posting this

I agree, spectacular shots; I can't even dream of seeing something like this. Thank you for sharing.

Scenes as this should have their very own page so that we can just return and take a peek at will :D --when the urge strikes for" something out of the ordinary"!

@@AKR1

Thank you for your kind words

@@graceland

Thanks a lot for your comments. Like you, before this, I, also, could not even dream of being the witness of such a "once in a lifetime" sighting, and then after a certain number of trips, it happened. On the other hand, there was, on the car, a young Irish couple on honeymoon. It was their first trip, and probably their last, in Africa. I had the feeling that they were not really conscious of the chance they had to see this.

I continue to be amazed at the photos.

And I just love the moment when the hyena arrives in the frame.

That's an incredible sequence of shots. The hyena was poking its nose in at one time - was that what interrupted the leopard's attack? Still, an amazing sighting.

That's an incredible sequence of shots. The hyena was poking its nose in at one time - was that what interrupted the leopard's attack? Still, an amazing sighting.

Thank you for your comments.

Indeed, that is what stopped the leopard's action just when it was about to give the mortal blow!

Absolutely stunning! Magnificent photography and what a great sighting!

offshorebirder

As youngsters say nowadays: SICK!

• 7 months later...

This is a winning series of photos without a doubt! The unknown fate of the warthog and piglets is the unsettled mystery.

I will never forget these photos because they're just awesome.

• 4 months later...

That was an incredible sequence. I'm so glad that I now take photos on safari.

• 3 months later...
Game Warden

@@Bush dog This series still stands out for me as one of the most amazing sequences I've seen and you were in the right place/right time to capture it perfectly.

Matt.

madaboutcheetah

@@Game Warden - I think Mike's on safari at the moment - you will probably get some amazing brand new images soon!!!

Game Warden

I'd seen the image shared on Twitter by Kwando Safaris hence coming back to look through the whole series :)

madaboutcheetah

Gotcha! I'm not on Twitter ........... but, I'm sure Mike and his wife are enjoying Botswana now and away from Cruel Belgium!!!

• 5 years later...

@Bush dog, amazing photos! as alerady other STalkers said, it stands out and cannot be forgetten! Increadible!

@ElenaH

Thanks a lot for your kind comments and for bringing this topic back to the surface.  It was indeed an extremely intense moment of a once in a lifetilme sighting.

I took the opportunity to browse all the comments therein and notice that one of them was from @graceland.  She was saying  "I can't even dream of seeing something like this".

It happens to me from time to time while I am on this forum to have a moved thought for her and I always tell myself that her disappearance left a great void that has still not been filled 

4 hours ago, Bush dog said:

@ElenaH

I took the opportunity to browse all the comments therein and notice that one of them was from @graceland.  She was saying  "I can't even dream of seeing something like this".

It happens to me from time to time while I am on this forum to have a moved thought for her and I always tell myself that her disappearance left a great void that has still not been filled 

x1