Uganda - gorillas and more (I had hoped)

johnkok

Sorry the GTG did not happen. Next time!

I have one of those "report eating dogs" too.

On 10/14/2015 at 1:06 AM, Atravelynn said:

Sorry the GTG did not happen. Next time!

I have one of those "report eating dogs" too.

... but mine is a wild dog ;-)

And the ST GTG did happen. Our guide, James Kipetu, picked out a spot (the tree at behind Rhino Ridge, next to the field the jackals brought down the elephant; everyone knows it). We waited. Lots of phone calls. Lots of talk. Ping showed up eventually  How cool was that? Only cooler if @@pault had been there too.

@@johnkok. Ah, that's a pity. I thought our mystery "friends" had left. Although I am really not sure we would have braved the bridge after dark at that point anyway. My wife had a tsetse-induced swollen foot and we'd just done a 6 hour transfer from Nkorombo (not quite by the direct route).

We did have a great time.And I hope you found your cheetahs.

Thanks Paul. A mother with 2 cubs. Lots of fun and frolics one day. The next day she made a kill with a direct run towards the vehicle. My wife's camera went into melt down in the heat of battle :-)

Edited by johnkok

@SafariChick On the contrary, the dogs are writing my trip report while I sort through the thousands of photos. Expect it to feature a lot of bones, things being chansed and smells.