ice

Who is planning for 2016?

355 posts in this topic

me:

February: 11 nights at Ndutu Lodge

July / August: 4 weeks down under

October: most likely a combination of 5 nights at Magotho Concession (guided mobile camping) and 6 nights in Kruger (SanParks self drive)

6 people like this

It seems a long way off at the moment but, yes, planning is in progress.

I have a request for an interesting itinerary which combines Timbavati, Gonarezhou and Tuli Block.

Sorting out the accommodation isn't hard but transportation is taking a bit more thought.

2 people like this

I'm way behind - I'm still planning for 2015!

1 person likes this

Thoughts only at the moment but Ruaha and Katavi in my mind. Always nice to think/plan ahead

1 person likes this

I'd like to return to Kwando for my 40th in late 2016. Lots -countless - of options for a second trip earlier in the year, it will be fun finding out what to do. :)

1 person likes this

Thinking about a week in katavi, some fly camp in remote areas of the park B)

@@miguelkatavi Haven't you got a number of trip reports to write up before thinking about a next trip? ;)

2 people like this

its going to be my 50th year and I've negotiated up to 6 weeks off work. we are either going to go to Patagonia or do a self drive around Namibia. decisions,decisions!

4 people like this

2016 is my and my husband's 20th anniversary year (it is in October but won't limit ourselves to actually doing the trip in October if another time is better for where we want to go) and he agreed to go back to Africa with me (he's only been once). Trying to decide on where to go but leading the options is gorillas and other things that are near gorillas. But also want to go to Zim. And Ethiopia. And Zakouma. Ha ha.

1 person likes this

@@SafariChick

It looks like lots of anniversary trips then!

2 people like this

Sorting out the accommodation isn't hard but transportation is taking a bit more thought.

Sounds good Soukous. Let me know if you need some help with route advice and transport.

J

I am planning a Kenya safari, with a focus on birding, in January 2016 - current draft itinerary is:

Nairobi Tented Camp, Offbeat Meru camp, Gamewatchers Adventure Camp in Ol Kinyei, Encounter Mara camp in Naboisho, Offbeat Mara camp in Mara North, and Lake Jipe bandas.

James Sengeny will be guiding us from Encounter Mara onwards.

1 person likes this

June/July 2016 - considering a combo Mana Pools with South Luangwa, or maybe Brazil - the Patanal.

I am just starting to plan a three to four week safari in Kenya and Tanzania. I have visited those areas before but this time my wife, daughter, son and his wife and my sister and her husband will be accompanying me. We plan on flying into Nairobi and then driving a loop thru Samburu, Nukuru, the Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongore Crater, Manyara, Amboseli and Tsavo. Still trying to decide about camping some of the time. Looking at Jenman Safaris (who I used previously in Botswana and Zambia) and African Servalcat Safaris whom I have not used but have good reports about. As always I wish that time and money didn't limit us as we would like to do southern Tanzania as well. But we will just count it a blessing to get back to Africa once more.

1 person likes this

2016 is also my 20th anniversary and Ben and I are going with Doug Macdonald to the Congo! I can't wait! I just need other people to sign up for the trip to be sure it happens - hint, hint, hint.

6 people like this

does anyone quote firm prices that far out ?

we have booked out that far in the past but to get current/better prices paid up front in advance

We just booked our return to Africa after 4 years away in May but the pressure is on for 2016 with our 10th anniversary and the wife's 40th. Its going to be either Uganda and gorillas again or some combination that includes Mana Pools mostly because of the love it gets here.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

me:

February: 11 nights at Ndutu Lodge

July / August: 4 weeks down under

October: most likely a combination of 5 nights at Magotho Concession (guided mobile camping) and 6 nights in Kruger (SanParks self drive)

You have become a Ndutu regular! Did you book the lodge direct?

Polar bears in late Oct 2016 for moi.

Edited by Atravelynn
1 person likes this

@@Atravelynn

Oh, where? Canada, Svalbard?

@@Atravelynn

I am not sure if planning a second trip will already make me a Ndutu regular; there are an awful lot of places I've been to more than twice, most namely Kruger, Kgalagadi, the Mara and the Serengeti. However, if my second trip will be as successful as the first one, I might well go there frequently.

Yes, I have booked directly with the lodge; my main priority is to have the same guide again. Rates are not yet fully confirmed, though.

Posted (edited)

@@Atravelynn

Oh, where? Canada, Svalbard?

Churchill in Canada

http://www.nathab.com/polar-bear-tours/tundra-lodge-adventure/

I called almost a year ago for late Oct 2014 but there was nothing. So I had to book for 2015. I erred in replying to this 2016 post. I'm booked for late Oct 2015, not 2016. 15,16...at this point it's all just the future in my mind. For 2016 I actually cannot respond--yet.

Edited by Atravelynn
2 people like this

@@Atravelynn

I am not sure if planning a second trip will already make me a Ndutu regular; there are an awful lot of places I've been to more than twice, most namely Kruger, Kgalagadi, the Mara and the Serengeti. However, if my second trip will be as successful as the first one, I might well go there frequently.

Yes, I have booked directly with the lodge; my main priority is to have the same guide again. Rates are not yet fully confirmed, though.

Please remind me, is the guide you want based in the lodge? I don't remember but I do remember about 7 cheetah kills.

@@Atravelynn

yes, his name is Hamisi and yes, it was 29 different cheetahs with 7 cheetah kills

2 people like this

Asante!