An Adventure through Botswana and Zimbabwe, September 2014 - by Safaridude and Game Warden Part 1 Botswana.

Safaridude

Yes, I'm sure that's him. Am really happy to see he's well.

Thanks very much for your efforts on my behalf, Safaridude! :)

What a treat to see these shots; I love the lions/cheetah/bird/dogs/roan...heck, I love it all. Wish I had been along :wacko:

You were definitely blessed at Kwando;

But this is second best for all of us!

The dog photos are mind-boggling, @@Safaridude - what a lovely series! The pups are at their cutest miniature adult stage too. love the lacy, filigree feel of that last sunset. So delicate.

Edited by Sangeeta

Wonderful reporting - poor animals all getting their meals stolen though! I know it's nature but I feel bad for the poor leopard!

Fabulous pictures @@Safaridude

I particularly like the one of the 3 female lions stood up and watching away from camera

Fantastic photos @@Safaridude - I liked the Blackie sequence, the porcupine and the fish eagle/saddle billed stork interaction.

I'm enjoying every word and every photo @@Safaridude.

Your writing style is very engaging.

PS - it is good to see that even you sometimes chop off a leopard's head in the excitement. :o

Great pictures, especially leopard and lions !!!!

More photos from Kwando...

gallery_6003_1117_681925.jpg

Tsessebe

gallery_6003_1117_323721.jpg

Giraffe

gallery_6003_1117_482339.jpg

Spencer

gallery_6003_1117_620991.jpg

Thabo

gallery_6003_1117_153718.jpg

Ishmael

gallery_6003_1117_575284.jpg

Lioness

gallery_6003_1117_196649.jpg

Barely awake

gallery_6003_1117_478901.jpg

Spur-winged goose

gallery_6003_1117_968780.jpg

A march of elephants at Lebala Camp

gallery_6003_1117_144193.jpg

Kudu

gallery_6003_1117_465432.jpg

One of the many lagoons

gallery_6003_1117_44444.jpg

Kudu bull

gallery_6003_1117_329268.jpg

Going home after a sundowner

..and I love the lioness barely awake

I feel that way most mornings. But I'm not in the bush; no fair.

I also love the hippos in the photo titled "one of many lagoons" - beautiful - and the elephants going home after a sundowner!

Another epic adventure with terrific photos!

While Kwando is blessed by mother earth, the Safari Gods must have blessed thee........ you make spotting of wild dogs and leopard sound so easy :D

Welcome back!

@@Safaridude what a fabulous report. I love the evening hunt photo of the lions, such an unusual perspective but very evocative of the safari experience as is the sundowner elephants. All your pictures are heart-stoppingly beautiful. Making me miss Kwando and I fear Ill be inconsoleable when you get to Mana.

I am enjoying very much your report and photos , specially those wild dog shots !! The picture of the hippos and the smoky sky is fantastic!!

I was in Kwando many years ago and i still have great memories , i need to go back soon .

Paco

marvellous pictures and stories. your reports always make me want to go whereever you have been because you make them sound the bestest to go to, and where it is so easy to spot the wildlife, especially now that the wild dogs are top of my want list! that blonde alpha male dog is gorgeous.

and i particularly love that pix of the yawning lion behind the log.

and thanks for the good vibes for Joy!

@@Kitsafari

Well, the first three of the five days at Kwando was easy. The last two days were quiet. You never know, but Kwando is blessed.

I do believe in the adage that harder you work the luckier you get. Wow, we worked hard. I was exhausted.

Your photos speak for themselves, of course (love the treed leopard), but I'm really enjoying the written account of everything you've seen. So many interesting animal interactions. I will definitely stay tuned for more.

Morkel Erasmus

@@Safaridude some stunning photos here mate (especially the dogs, great light and setting indeed), and lovely report. I hope I too can one day experience the blessed Kwando.

Now onto the Zim part!

@@Safaridude

A wonderful report with so many superb photos - the dogs of course showing their energy and the interaction - beautiful animals.

The lions, the cheetah - and my favourite - the treed leopard with the light in its eyes - brilliant.

All this accompanied by very high quality writing.

offshorebirder

Wonderful trip report as usual @@Safaridude. Love the Wild Dog photos and Roan Antelope photos too.

I am torn between reading your updates (and @@Game Warden's upcoming ones) as they come out, or waiting and "binge reading" all the TRs in one long session...

Excellent... not much else I can say.

Oh man! Now I have somewhere else I need to go to....!!! Thanks for a great report!

madaboutcheetah

My oh My ....... @@Safaridude - just catching up with this awesome report!!! SUPERB! You are making me home sick! Love all the super images and prose - you had magical light......... Thanks again for writing this up!

Cheers

Hari

Quick question - the Lion pride about to hunt is the Lebala pride? Do you have any images of the young intruding male Lions?

Love that pic with Tabo in the rear view mirror and Spencer being super confident in what appears to be - lunch time?

Edited by madaboutcheetah