twaffle

madaboutcheetah

Brilliant report, @@twaffle ....... Thank You ...... will be addicted to this thread for updates -

Thanks for taking me to Tarangire . It's a park I've never visited but it's always been of much interest to me when I've seen articles - this article is the best intro there could be. Great thoughts descriptions and photos.

Really looking forward to your experiences and thoughts on the crater and to the rest of your report.

@@twaffle Great pictures as ever. I particularly love the dik-dik in message 27. They always disappeared too fast for me.

Your captions are your stories! I especially like the digging buffalo and the reflecting zebra.

Thank you for this report

Very enjoyable with thought provoking writing and great pictures.

I particularly enjoyed the elephant dust bath, the baby elephants, the baby crane, the dik dik and the baobabs.

Edited by TonyQ

As for me, I especially like lovely photos in combination with lovely poetry so this is perfect. Smooth jazz and all that! You also chose a really apt poem. I can say that for sure because it lingered in my head and set a mellow mood as I was looking at the images. The dik dik is special. And your skyscapes are always special. I plagiarized them in Zim too :D

Edited by Sangeeta

Thanks Sangeeta, I like the picture you've made in my mind.

You've become a little bit famous I have to say. Your name was mentioned quite a few times. :)

I loved the Barbet; I must be leaning in to becoming a birder....but I seem to notice a difference in your photos from old; and I love, love the presentation. I feel like I am flipping through an old book of an old time explorer in Africa. The captions, as Lynn mentioned, are a trip report all would want to read as well.

Award winning! One day there will be a book, and we will say, "Don't you remember when Twaffle wore a pith?" :D

Thanks Sangeeta, I like the picture you've made in my mind.

You've become a little bit famous I have to say. Your name was mentioned quite a few times. :)

Haha! Nothing terrible I hope! Seriously, though, people have all been so obliging and helpful. Including a certain photographer we all know :)

I agree with you, Graceland. This does look like an album and we can def see the hand of a pro here.

Edited by Sangeeta

@@twaffle thank you for quoting Robert Frost. it brought back warm and bittersweet memories. i had loved the poem when i studied it some decades ago, and i had always loved it for its melancholic lyrics, and the sad resignation to the choice of a path and giving up some unknown mysteries and secrets of the other path. isn't that so with life choices as well? it is how we live with those choices that makes the whole difference in our happiness.

i felt sad when i read that there have been STers who didn't want to put up their reports because of the "competitive nature" of ST. it's not about how beautiful you write it, but its about your experiences, and all our experiences are so different from each other and that makes each report unique and special. and from those experiences, we get information as to whether that place is worth visiting at that particular time of the year. it all helps us in our decisions as to where to go next!

having said that, Twaffle, as usual your fluid lyrical thoughtful photo journal has me spellbound as usual.

you made those wildebeest look so lovely and graceful. i still don't understand why some think they are ugly. and those baobab trees - just beautiful.

I felt sad when i read that there have been STers who didn't want to put up their reports because of the "competitive nature" of ST. it's not about how beautiful you write it, but its about your experiences, and all our experiences are so different from each other and that makes each report unique and special. and from those experiences, we get information as to whether that place is worth visiting at that particular time of the year. it all helps us in our decisions as to where to go next!

+1

I felt sad when i read that there have been STers who didn't want to put up their reports because of the "competitive nature" of ST. it's not about how beautiful you write it, but its about your experiences, and all our experiences are so different from each other and that makes each report unique and special. and from those experiences, we get information as to whether that place is worth visiting at that particular time of the year. it all helps us in our decisions as to where to go next!

+1

I think we will be turning that around with our positive attitudes here. :)

Some good food for thought in this thread. I also studied this poem in school and was told by one professor that it was a disguised allegory about death, an interpretation about which I was at least somewhat skeptical. On the whole, I prefer @@Kitsafari's thoughts on its content.

Lovely photos. Those baobabs have as much character as any animal!

I'm enjoying the TR @@twaffle but I'm away from home at the moment and disappointed that I'm having to view your photos on an old laptop. :(

The iPhone does a nice job on a panaroma, especially being indoors. Color me impressed.

Does that young baobab have carvings in it? I can't quite tell on this computer screen.

The baobab does have carvings in it Marks, but I didn't look close enough to see what was said.

I love the cub seeking reassurance from its mother!

I love the cub seeking reassurance from its mother!

me too.

Me three. Totally love this. :)

Your pictures make me feel like jumping on my camera and sign up for photo course :-)

By the way did you feel the crater was crowded.

Me four :D

I wish I could do my regular camera even half of what you can make your iPhone do!

So interesting to see how the mood changes completely with the border change - the dramatic black border and white captions from your Kenya safari and the mellow white border and black captions on this one. I can't decide which I like more from a purely aesthetic point of view, but this one seems to go very well with your narrative. Super buffalo jungle gym!