Brian's Art for Animals

I think the wildebeest were running from the African Wild Cat! Another action packed installment!

Brian's Art for Animals

We were driving across this area to get to the hyena and our guide said "serval", so I looked up but both myself and my wife said no.no its a wildcat. I didn't have time to grab my camera, so I just stayed with the video camera somewhat focused on the little cat. My wife got off one photo I think. We stopped for 10 seconds to check him out as we didn't want to draw too much attention to the little one with all those hyena and lion around. It was very cool to cross off another feline species. Next year I might go to Brazil, so I hope this time in 2015 I am posting a video with a Jaguar in it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

We continued our morning drive and I really didn't have high hopes for this hunt since only one lion seemed hungry. It was nice to se some more hyena, as well as some eland from far away. It was a long drive but well worth it as in every turn we saw interesting wildlife.

The running wildes in the background with the predators in the foreground is wonderful action. The video really shows the interaction.

Speaking of interaction...Hilarious cheetah-photographer interaction! Or lack thereof.

What is next on your travel wish list?

I do enjoy going on these virtual safaris with you Brian, such fun.

wow african wildcat! while it was walking along the open plains, I wonder how it manages to elude the bigger predators.

enjoying every bit of your videos, @@Brian's Art for Animals

• 1 month later...
Brian's Art for Animals

It was great to spot the little wildcat. As for my next plans..well I hope to see a wild Jaguar in Brazil next October 2015..we shall see..until then it is just small trips to keep my budget down. Ndutu is such an amazing area, I am glad it comes across in the videos. Sorry for the long time between videos. I finally got my book self published "Just Words" about my 11 years as a punk rocker..now it's back to animal time.

This was our last evening at the Kenzan Mobile Camp. WE took a long drive around the lake to look for tracks and were happy to find some lions doing their part in keeping the population up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMalkCExE4g

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

A Punk rocker hey? Would never have picked it ….. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think you put the bit about punk rockers in just to see who's paying attention. :wacko::P

Brian's Art for Animals

yeah...I think maybe if I went on safari with a purple Mohawk it would get more views:)

Nice video, appreciate the humor...thought it doesn't look like Third Wheel Lioness is too concerned about missing out!

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

It was hard to leave the excellent Ndutu area with all those Wildebeest (and the Hyena head coming out of the ground,) but we were anxious to finally see the Serengeti. At the entrance I was afraid the park would be too crowded, but once off the main road we felt very alone. Many people say this might be the best location to "spot" leopard..well, the video will show you the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3PDNckpJw

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

We sat with this young leopard for over an hour. As more jeeps came we left it be up high in the tree. Across the field seems to be 2 or 3 more leopards (most likely mom and is siblings)..but more on them next video..

We stayed at the Osupuko Tented Camp location in the Serengeti. Another great place in a great location. The night was interesting as you will see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CTUPW7-7Y

Noooooo, don't leave us in suspense! I can't see what was on the camera trap..............

But I like the happy dance. :D

whodunnit then? the hynena? a lion? a leopard? a honey badger??

Brian's Art for Animals

Hope you all are having a safe and great holiday season. sorry to leave you all hanging for so long (I was working on my dancing skills..oh and also booking my Brazil trip for October 2015)..so here is the answer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JELiXUk7a7o&

Lions mating on a kopje! Great catch. I saw that tail and knew you had found your leopard. I also saw the intro shot of the next youtube to confirm the leopard. You got your leopards! Your coming up to the one year anniversary of this trip. Have fun dancing your way through Brazil.

Edited by Atravelynn

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

It was sad to leave the Serengeti, but we were also very excited to make our way towards the crater. It was nice to see a Nile Monitor Lizard and some hippos before leaving. As always my dancing skills are not caught on video so well. To see my jumping in person really does it justice :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmSsJllR5s

It's always interesting to watch hippos out & about by daylight. And your jumping looks pretty good to me!

+1

Great!

Brian's Art for Animals

you all are too kind about my jumping skills :) thanks. I have seen a hippo walking around in the heat of the day before in the Mara, but our guide told us he was old and most likely on his way out. this one did look healthy though, so maybe it was getting the good grass before the others came out of the pool.