Issue 2 May 2014:
- Conservation in Focus.
- Interview. Charles Oluchina, Africa Field Director, The Nature Conservancy.
- Interview. Dr. Rosemary Groom, Field Projects Coordinator, The African Wildlife Conservation Fund.
- Cape Mountain Zebra. A conservation success story?
- Photographing zebra.
- MAC in the Mara. (Members' Gallery)
- Mana Pools: a Safaritalk guide.
- The Story of Solo. The wild dog Mom of Mombo.
- Safaritalk Focus. Offbeat Safaris, Kenya.
- Spider Safari.
- Latest sightings.
- Benson Siyawareva: Safari Guide.
- Best of birding.
And a couple of other bits and bobs.
View the Digimag online here.
Download as a PDF file for Ipad and Tablet viewing for free here:
Safaritalk Magazine 2 (PDF Tablet).pdf 42.9MB 1434 downloads
Downloading for Ipad/tablet - instructions: assuming you download it by clicking on the PDF link above, using the Safari web browser, when it finishes downloading the PDF will be opened in Safari as a web page. You can save it to the iBooks library by tapping just above the title to make a toolbar appear. Select Open in iBooks, or Open in... for any other app if you prefer. (Note: thanks to @JohnR for the instructions).
If anyone does have problems with downloading for Ipad/tablet please do say below and tag @JohnR as well.
You need a reader which will display even+odd pages together whereas the default is odd+even: GoodReader can do the correct layout. You can tell it which page to start the 2-up displays on. You can download the app from the iTunes app store. For further information visit: www.goodreader.com/goodreader.html.
I have found a PDF reader for Android which allows the PDF to be opened in a magazine mode. It comes in Lite and paid versions and I've only tried the latter.
It has to be set to "Double Page - Cover" mode in the Page Layout section of the settings. They also do an iPad and a desktop version
Thanks to @JohnR for that info.