Game Warden

Safari countdown...

850 posts in this topic

@wilddog聽thanks, I'll say hi to Doug 馃

1 person likes this

My countdown is over. 聽I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Nairobi, connecting via Zurich. 聽Bring on the wildlife!

7 people like this

Safari njema, @Tulips!

1 person likes this

@Botswanadreams聽I am sure that you will have a great trip. I will undoubtedly visit Ethiopia in 2019 or 2020. I may be making a short trip with @Sangeeta next year. I will be leaving for Cape Town on the 13聽of聽September and I聽will be going to Tswalu Kalahari for 10 days as well as Cape Town, then to the whale watching in聽Hermanus聽for 3 days.

1 person likes this

Thanks very much @optig. I'm very excited especially about our time in the Danakil. This extreme landscape and how I'll survive on the hike up to Erte Ale as a total unfit person is permanent in my mind. We'll see. There聽are聽only three nights left until our start.

Have a nice time in South Africa.

聽 聽 聽聽聽

2 people like this

@Botswanadream After I return from my trip to South Africa I'll be spending 10 days with @Zarek Cockar聽聽I'll be going to the Kakamega Forest for 2 days, Aberdares聽for 2 days, Lake Nakuru, Lake Baringo and Lake Bogoria, I believe that this is my itinerary. Anyway, I'll be seeing @Zarek Cockar this Tuesday to make any final adjustments. As you know he's nothing less than an awesome guide.聽

2 people like this

Safari njema, @janzin! 聽I think you leave imminently??? 聽Can't wait to hear and see all about it!

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, amybatt said:

Safari njema, @janzin! 聽I think you leave imminently??? 聽Can't wait to hear and see all about it!

Tomorrow morning bright and early! All checked in with South African Airways. Next stop Lower Zambezi! (Well, with intermediate stops at Jo'burg and Lusaka.)聽 I think Amanzi has wifi so I'll try to say hello :)

4 people like this

Sat in the lounge in heathrow - joburg tomorrow, hwange Saturday afternoon, can't wait....

6 people like this

Safari njema, @Tdgraves!聽 Enjoy!

Two months until Mana Pools! Countdown begins! (and 26 more days 'til Hamilton! but that's only traveling to downtown LA)

I'm having to cancel my trip with Doug Macdonald due to an upcoming surgery for my husband. Boo hoo.聽 But on the up side, if anyone wanted to join Doug and @Seniortraveller, there's an opening for one person.

My loss is your gain!

1 person likes this

amy聽 T hopes that thinks go well for your huband, you聽 and your family

Sorry to hear that, @AmyT, all the best to you and your family!

Thanks, @COSMIC RHINO聽and @michael-ibk... It's not a "serious" health issue but a significant pain management issue. The timing is off:聽I won't know when in November that聽it's scheduled until after I arrive. 聽I've been waffling about it for a month but now that we know that the surgery scheduling day is on the same day as my flight, it just takes me too far out of my comfort zone. 聽Happily, there's always next season for traveling.聽

1 person likes this

In 4 days time we will be on our way to the Democratic Republic of Congo.

2 treks with the Eastern Lowland Gorillas and 3 treks with the Mountain Gorillas 聽- 聽can't wait !!

12 people like this

1 hour ago, Zim Girl said:

In 4 days time we will be on our way to the Democratic Republic of Congo.

2 treks with the Eastern Lowland Gorillas and 3 treks with the Mountain Gorillas 聽- 聽can't wait !!

And I can't wait for the trip report.聽 How exciting!

3 people like this

70 days until i depart for Namibia again! Oslo via London to Jo`burg, then onwards to Windhoek with comair. I am actually leaving on my birthday this time! How is that for a birthdaypresent to myself ;-)聽

11 nights in zambia next tuesday - mwamba, tena tena, old mondoro and chiawa. Thanks to Geoff, Egilo聽and Deano for their help!聽聽

3 people like this

Northern Tanzania - 43 days and counting- two weeks ago the prospect of a safari in the next six moths seemed impossible, suddenly everything changed and, 聽having decided quickly exactly what we wanted, ATR put together our fully itemised and complete itinerary in four hours聽from when we first spoke to them.

So excited .....

8 people like this

@philw....when you get to Tena Tena please say hi to Bertram. 聽First trip, first camp and first guide ten years ago. 聽We were there again聽two years ago.

9 days until I leave for Tanzania. 聽Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Northern Serengeti, then Amsterdam for a day of rest and whatever until I return to NYC. 聽Becoming more excited each day.

2 people like this

Less than a week! :) South Africa here we come! Still haven't done any packing yet. :)

3 people like this

13 hours ago, Steven NY said:

9 days until I leave for Tanzania. 聽Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Northern Serengeti, then Amsterdam for a day of rest and whatever until I return to NYC. 聽Becoming more excited each day.

@Steven NY

which camps聽are you staying we are doing the same locations in late聽October except our last section is in central Serengeti.

I'll be staying in Lemala Ngorongoro an Lemala Mara. I expect the great migration to be going pretty strong while I'm in the Northern Serengeti.