Game Warden

Safari countdown...

836 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, amybatt said:

@CaroleE have a wonderful trip!  I hope you'll post a TR on your return as I'm contemplating the same itinerary this time next year!  Safari Njema!

Thanks. I have been lucky enough to visit South Luangwa before and loved it hence the return visit. Lower Zambezi is completely new - always good! I will certainly post on here when I get back.......just not sure how big a TR it will be:-)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaroleE said:

just not sure how big a TR it will be:-)

 

@CaroleE You can always pad it out with more photos ;)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Game Warden said:

 

@CaroleE You can always pad it out with more photos ;)

 

Haha Or maybe a few words in between the photos :-)  

 

First visit in a while: loving the restyle!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CaroleE welcome back, and I really hope you will do a trip report on your return, as I am counting down to a very similar trip (but we don't leave until the end of August.) We are also in Lower Zambezi, SLNP, and Vic Falls :) Counting on you to find that cheetah lol.

 

Too bad we'll miss you! Which camps are you staying at?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 1/2 months until my first Safari. September 18.   Booked it a month ago and was thinking about it and researching it for a month before that.

Going to Tanzania.  Two nights at Lemala Ngorongoro Camp on private safari.   Game drive in Lake Manyara along the way.  Coastal Aviation flights once in Tanzania.  

3 mights in Northern Serengeti at Lemala Serengeti tented camp on group safari.  Will be there for the Great Migration.

 

Seems short, but there will be plenty of Game Drives and photo ops, I'm sure.  Can't swing a longer one.  Add the day on each end for travel and and extra day I'll spend in Amsterdam and it becomes a 10 vacation.  

 

I'm really psyched.  Very glad I found this site.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steven NY said:

2 1/2 months until my first Safari.

 

So @Steven NY this is the countdown to your first safari, how many months then till the second? Those 2 1/2 months will fly by, every day you'll be on Safaritalk :)

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My countdown has just ended

-- in a good way. 

 

After months of fretting about U.S. electronics bans, Pelican cases for cameras, the lingering question of whether lenses were included in the ban, the potential for an airspace blockade of Qatar (our transit point), and every other doomsday scenario I could conjure up, whether legitimately perceived or not, we are here in Rwanda, the afternoon of our arrival. 13 days, and I plan on enjoying every single moment of them. What a refreshing change of pace that will be. Finally!

 

Thanks to everyone in the Travel Planning forums for their gentle support while I freaked out from time to time.....

14 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2017 at 3:54 PM, janzin said:

@CaroleE welcome back, and I really hope you will do a trip report on your return, as I am counting down to a very similar trip (but we don't leave until the end of August.) We are also in Lower Zambezi, SLNP, and Vic Falls :) Counting on you to find that cheetah lol.

 

Too bad we'll miss you! Which camps are you staying at?

This trip definitely deserves a trip report and it isn't over yet!

Camps Tafika in SLNP & Amanzi in Lower Zambezi. Forgot name of place in Vic Falls something like Illala Lodge

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alexander33 said:

My countdown has just ended

-- in a good way. 

 

After months of fretting about U.S. electronics bans, Pelican cases for cameras, the lingering question of whether lenses were included in the ban, the potential for an airspace blockade of Qatar (our transit point), and every other doomsday scenario I could conjure up, whether legitimately perceived or not, we are here in Rwanda, the afternoon of our arrival. 13 days, and I plan on enjoying every single moment of them. What a refreshing change of pace that will be. Finally!

 

Thanks to everyone in the Travel Planning forums for their gentle support while I freaked out from time to time.....

Have a fabulous time. All the concerns can be and will now be forgotten!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alexander33 Have a great trip. Take lots of photos and notes for your trip report ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaroleE said:

This trip definitely deserves a trip report and it isn't over yet!

Camps Tafika in SLNP & Amanzi in Lower Zambezi. Forgot name of place in Vic Falls something like Illala Lodge

 

Great, we are also staying at Amanzi and there's not too much information about it, since its new...so I'll be looking forward to hearing about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 days now - all packed and hoping the BA strike doesn't impact on my flight to JNB......

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 days to my second safari in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.

 

I was chatting with an acquaintance last night who asked why I was returning to Africa a year after I had been.  I said it was because I fell in love.  The people, the culture and seeing animals undisturbed in their natural environment.

 

I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months until my trip to Tanzania/Kenya. 

 

3rd safari for me - first time to East Africa.  Still getting in shape for Kili.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is exciting for Tulips and dinkdunk

 

I hope no one has problems with altitude sickness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

200 days until my first safari -- Rwanda, Kenya, and Tanzania

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tulips Please enjoy your safari.@dinkdunk the same to you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @optig.  I just hope the forthcoming election doesn't turn into violence that some are predicting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Tulips said:

Thank you @optig.  I just hope the forthcoming election doesn't turn into violence that some are predicting.

 

Thanks for the well wishes @optig and @COSMIC RHINO...

 

I too am hoping for a peaceful election process this month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My countdown started some weeks ago, down to 13 weeks as of yesterday. If I admitted to friends/family how much of my time is really spent planning/day dreaming about my trips, they would be worried about me!

One night in Dubai, one night in Harare, then seven nights with Doug Macdonald on the Safaritalk Special in Mana Pools, three nights at Kanga  and another two in Harare.

Excited, but also a little anxious about Chitake and keeping my fingers crossed that we do not have to leave our tent at night to use the facilities!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 weeks today and we'll be in joburg prior to flying to hwange via vic falls 4 weeks tomorrow

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are at the under four week span now--25 sleeps but whose counting! :D Lower Zambezi, South Luangwa, and Vic Falls here we come!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be meeting up with @Seniortravellerin three months! 8 nights with Doug Macdonald in Mana Pools, 2 nights at Kanga Camp, and another night or two in Harare for shopping. :)  It's unusually steamy here in southern California, so I am getting acclimated to humidity combined with heat.

 

I am REALLY missing Kenya right now.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@janzin it looks we'll start on the same day but our destination is different. Ethiopia is calling us this year. The trip will be covert the North and East of the country: Harar, Awash, Ankober, Guassa, Lalibela, Bahir Dar, Gondar, Simien, Axum, Gheralta, Danakil. Very excited what Ethiopia has on offer for us.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


© 2006 - 2017 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.