Game Warden

Safari countdown...

850 posts in this topic

I can't wait for this month, we should have some excellent trip reports and photos coming from both @@AmyT and @@plambers!! Safari njema, ladies!

2 people like this

13 weeks until we arrive in hwange....

2 people like this

Ahhh, finally the 12 week countdown has arrived and this time in 12 weeks I'll hopefully be sitting have dinner with Mrld and DrS in Vic falls before we head out to Hwange with Doug then onwards to Mana Pools flood plain and Chitake springs. Can't wait to get back to Chitake!

3 people like this

Squeee!  Leaving for the airport in 30 MINUTES!!!!! Going to spend 3 nights in Germany first, but I'm on my way.  So excited and nervous!

5 people like this

That's days, not weeks :D  I've been so patient.

4 people like this

Have a great time, @pault ! What is your itinerary now, any changes?

3 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Have a great time, @pault ! What is your itinerary now, any changes?

Thanks Michael. Yes, I think it is the same,  but too lazy to try to find my posting in the other thread, so.....

3 nights at Fishing Lodge in Aberdares National Park 

3 nights at Sabache Camp in Namunyak Conservancy

4 nights at Serian in Kalama Concervancy

5 nights at Kicheche Bush Camp  in Olare Motorogi Conservancy

7 people like this

5 hours ago, pault said:

Thanks Michael. Yes, I think it is the same,  but too lazy to try to find my posting in the other thread, so.....

4 nights at Serian in Kalama Concervancy

Ohhh, I mean Saruni in Kalama Conservancy!  

1 person likes this

5 weeks until an express safari! I will be taking a friend from LHR-JNB and on to Tuningi in Madikwe for 3 nights before heading back. This wasn't planned earlier in the year but the friend lived in Africa as a child and has a serious diagnosis that means a wish to go back to Africa 'one day' needs to be sooner rather than later.

7 people like this

24 hours!

4 people like this

20 hours ago, pomkiwi said:

5 weeks until an express safari! I will be taking a friend from LHR-JNB and on to Tuningi in Madikwe for 3 nights before heading back. This wasn't planned earlier in the year but the friend lived in Africa as a child and has a serious diagnosis that means a wish to go back to Africa 'one day' needs to be sooner rather than later.

What a kind friend you are to accompany someone who needs a return to her roots. I wish you both a happy trip.  

1 person likes this

On 6/7/2017 at 3:50 AM, pault said:

4 nights at Saruni in Kalama Concervancy

@pault, I will be at Porini Lion the nights of June 22 - 24, think we could arrange a mini GTG? That is, if I've done my math correctly.

23 hours ago, pomkiwi said:

~ @pomkiwi

Thank you.

What you've written makes my night.

May the trip be joyous!

Tom K.

18 hours ago, AmyT said:

@pault, I will be at Porini Lion the nights of June 22 - 24, think we could arrange a mini GTG? That is, if I've done my math correctly.

Either your math is  worse than mine or you are starting from the wrong date!. Unfortunately I won't be there until 26th or I would be glad to.

And you've clearly forgotten that your job is to survey for me. Focus, please. :D

3 people like this

4 hours ago, pault said:

Either your math is  worse than mine or you are starting from the wrong date!. Unfortunately I won't be there until 26th or I would be glad to.

And you've clearly forgotten that your job is to survey for me. Focus, please. :D

whichever the case - have fun you both! of course at separate times and separate camps and all that.....

@pault @AmyT

3 people like this

Heading off to Tswalu, South Luangwa (Mchenja Camp) and Lower Zambezi (Anabezi Camp) in 3 weeks.  Super excited!

2 people like this

@AmyT  @Tom Kellie  Thank you for your comments. It will certainly be no hardship to spend a few more days in Africa. Although emotions will be more mixed than usual I guess.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, pomkiwi said:

@AmyT  @Tom Kellie  Thank you for your comments. It will certainly be no hardship to spend a few more days in Africa. Although emotions will be more mixed than usual I guess.

~ @pomkiwi

Above all else, safaris for me are healing.

The grief, bruises, disappointments and regrets of life are healed when out in the bush around a campfire at night, stars twinkling overhead, recalling the day’s sightings.

May this safari deeply touch your friend and you.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie
3 people like this

On June 7, 2560 BE at 0:43 PM, pault said:

That's days, not weeks :D  I've been so patient.

1.... 0

And it's time for "Bibi vs the Invaders - That's Not a Gun Mum, He's  Just Happy to See You"

Well, still today's work to go but as good as zero I think.

4 people like this

Safari Njema, @pault!

1 person likes this

I've missed this place! Vow from now on, visit ST more regularly. Maybe I need to re-introduce myself :D

Popped in to see if anyone is in South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi in the next couple of weeks.

In SLNP from Sunday to Thurs morning, then in Lower Zambezi until Monday 3rd before Vic Falls for a couple of days.

Would be great to say hi to a fellow STer if in the same neighbourhood!

Hope everyone has a great trip if heading out soon!

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, CaroleE said:

I've missed this place! Vow from now on, visit ST more regularly. Maybe I need to re-introduce myself :D

In SLNP from Sunday to Thurs morning, then in Lower Zambezi until Monday 3rd before Vic Falls for a couple of days.

~ Hi, @CaroleE!

Very good to see you here again.

Like you, I was less active for a spell, but have enjoyed being back.

The site has been refreshed into the new Safaritalk, so that it's better than ever.

Your upcoming Zambia safari sounds terrific! 

Safari njema!

Tom K.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ Hi, @CaroleE!

Very good to see you here again.

Like you, I was less active for a spell, but have enjoyed being back.

The site has been refreshed into the new Safaritalk, so that it's better than ever.

Your upcoming Zambia safari sounds terrific! 

Safari njema!

Tom K.

Hi Tom.

Thank you!

The new Safaritalk is looking very good. Looking forward to more time on here.

As I now have new a laptop...i.e. a quicker one I may even manage a trip report from the upcoming trip. Really looking forward to being back in the bush. Rather excited about the news of the cheetah in Lower Zambezi! Wonder if it is still there. Carole searches for a cheetah.......this could be a similar tale to your search for a zorila. Or have you found one?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, CaroleE said:

The new Safaritalk is looking very good. Looking forward to more time on here.

As I now have new a laptop...i.e. a quicker one I may even manage a trip report from the upcoming trip. Really looking forward to being back in the bush. Rather excited about the news of the cheetah in Lower Zambezi! Wonder if it is still there. Carole searches for a cheetah.......this could be a similar tale to your search for a zorila. Or have you found one?

~ @CaroleE

Ha! No trace of any Zorilla yet, but I haven't given up.

The thought of you encountering a cheetah in Lower Zambezi is wonderful to imagine.

Who knows what you'll see and return to show us and describe?

You may surprise yourself with very special sightings that you never anticipated.

If by amazing good fortune, you spot a cheetah or a Zorilla, oh my goodness, that would be too crazy!

Very glad to hear that you like the new look Safaritalk. With a speedier laptop, it'll be more fun to enjoy.

Tom K.

1 person likes this

@CaroleE have a wonderful trip!  I hope you'll post a TR on your return as I'm contemplating the same itinerary this time next year!  Safari Njema!

1 person likes this