Driving time between Berg-en-Dal and Balule ?

JayRon

Is it possible to do the drive between Berg-en-Dal and Balule in one day? And how many hours will it take? I tried checking sanparks.org for info, but couldn't find anything...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @@JayRon it is possible to do in a day but I would not recommend it.

The distance between Berg-en-Dal and Olifants is 227and Balule is just 10 kms from Olifants.

This will take you about 9-10 hours. Calculations based on the shortest distance travelling on tar road at 25km/hr. Tar road speed limit is 50km/hr and on gravel 40km/hr.

This is possible to do but you have to take into account the stops for game viewing and breaks you will have on the way.

Best would be to break the journey at Skukuza, Talamati, Orpen, Tamboti Tented Camp or Satara.

Another factor to consider is the gate times. Some months- November to January, the gates open at 4.30 and close at 18.30 so you can comfortably do the drive.

From April to September the gates close earlier, 6.00 to 18.00 which makes it difficult to get to camp in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jayro,

It is a long drive as mentioned by Sharifa. It is one that I have done before, but my behind wasn't best pleased with me. It is a full day in the car.

Here is the link for the distances as per Sanparks. http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/get_there/KNP_distances_beween_camps.pdf

If you are still to book camp and want to stay in the South and then head up to Olifants I'd rather stay at Skukuza. Yes it's a big camp, but it has a lot that works for ti. Good roads, close to Paul Kruger gate if you're tight for time in the Camp and the benefit also of the best stocked shop in Kruger if you forgot to get something en route.