Your fave recipes?

kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Ok, I admit it, I am sat here watching ultimate braai master on travel channel :D

We noted that things we take for granted at home, like an oven or microwave are notably absent in much of the self catering accommodation in South Africa. :) I am not much of a cook, tbh, as @@BigBaldIan will attest to and don't even mention the boil in the bag chicken that I tried to cook in Kruger!!

Does anyone have any good recipes to share for cooking in Southern Africa?

Has anyone tried cooking on an engine block on a long journey?? :)

Well I was thinking of doing duck confit with rocket and goats cheese salad tomorrow at the HQ, but with family coming over, it'll be a braai instead :) I'll imagine we're in Africa...

Just about to do stuffed chicken thighs on the BBQ for the moglet, this is relevant to my interests. Sadly with all the forced induction going on under the hood of the Super-Skud, it leaves precious little room for cooking. Perhaps my next vehicle needs to be a large normally-aspirated V8.

Well it wasn't a duck confit but started with various soft cheeses baked in a bread roll. Words don't do it justice. @@wilddog - it'll be on the menu next time you come over :)