Am I my brothers' keeper in Namibia?

urologysteve

@@savoche I just told my brothers that seeing pangolin is completely dependent on your guide! :D

Must be :D I know people who've been guiding professionally for 25 years without having seen one!

Wow Steve, you really hit the jack pot on this trip - seems you guys 'saw it all". Thanks for a great report - very interesting read and great rhino pic.s. I particularly liked the rhino charging the elephant shot.

Now each of your brothers owes you a safari trip...

urologysteve

Wow Steve, you really hit the jack pot on this trip - seems you guys 'saw it all". Thanks for a great report - very interesting read and great rhino pic.s. I particularly liked the rhino charging the elephant shot.

Now each of your brothers owes you a safari trip...

We had rhino and elephant encounters 3 straight evenings at Halali and Okaukuejo. I was surprised to see large momma and bull elephants in large herds backing down from the rhino- repeatedly. Only once did the elephants "win" and take control of the water hole. They usually ended up pushed to the other side.

That's a great idea about my brothers! Three more safaris with them would be awesome! (Three more safaris with anyone would be awesome :D )

This is great timing since I am looking at Namibia. Seems like we are doing each other favors in scouting out future destinations. 500 animals around the waterhole!! I had not seen the activity quantified like that before. In addition to numbers you had quality, such as the honey badger and the unicorn!

4 Brothers on safari, what a great trip. Looking forward to the whole thing.

africapurohit

@@urologysteve thanks for sharing your report and photos (from my avatar I'm sure you'll know which ones I enjoyed most). Lots of great sightings in such a short time - your brothers were spoilt.

I think its great that the four of you hit the road together - even a day trip with my two brothers can be testing!

urologysteve

@@africapurohit Thanks! I loved seeing the honey badgers. I just wished I could have gotten better photographs. We saw 2 during the day on separate occasions, but getting a good picture while on the move was the challenge. The nighttime pics were really a challenge for a novice like me.

• 4 weeks later...

Not too long at all, loved reading about your experiences and sightings!

And wow, what great sightings. Honey badgers, pangolin and ohmygod the unicorn made me smile!

Great trip, definitely your brothers' turns to take you back next!