Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimplyRed

Need African bird sounds for my iPod

7 posts in this topic

I love to listen to falling rain, lapping waves, songs of birds when trying to sleep on a plane. I have downloaded several tracks of birds to my iPod, but so far have been unable to find any of African birds. I don't want that sappy New Age music with my birds.....just an hour or so of bird calls.

Anyone have something to recommend?

You can download specific bird calls from here: http://www.xeno-canto.org/ It's a great resource for folks interested in birds!

Whoa, how did the url turn into that thumbnail?

I have a cd of madagascan bird calls and one of British bird calls. Would either of these do?

There are quite a few CDs you can buy of just straight birdcalls but if what you’re really looking are sounds of the African wild with not just birds but other animals as well. Then I was going to say how about one of these disks but the website won’t let me I link to the specific page, WildSounds if now you select atmospheres from the products list and then Africa & Related Islands you'll find a selection of CDs. If any of these disks appeal then I’m sure you’d be able to find them in the States. If you do want just straight birdcalls then you'll find them under Sound Guides.

1 person likes this