Safaridude

Some Very Important General Trip Planning Advice (Disaster Prevention)

29 posts in this topic

If you are planning a trip to India make a list of medicines that you may need. These include medication for Delhi Belly, Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) packs, for small injuries like sprain, cuts, shoe bites, etc. First Aid and so on. Good thing is, you can pick them at the Chemists in major towns easily and cheaper than what you might pay in Home country. Pick up sufficient quantity of toilet rolls on arrival as you might not find them in remote birding lodges or National Parks. India has different climate zones and depending upon your itinerary, pack appropriate clothes.

1 person likes this

• how do you tell the issue date of USD notes , this is something I have no idea about ?

when you are going to a tented camp or lodge take everything you are likely to need , their shops have overpriced trinkets and t shirts with their name on it. there is no handy corner store, think practical it is a good idea to spare shoe laces

tie shoes laces tight to avoid tripping over

2 people like this

• how do you tell the issue date of USD notes , this is something I have no idea about ? Fortunately there is a date printed. Not very big, but it is there.
  • when you are going to a tented camp or lodge take everything you are likely to need , their shops have overpriced trinkets and t shirts with their name on it. there is no handy corner store, think practical it is a good idea to spare shoe laces
  • tie shoes laces tight to avoid tripping over Ouch! Good idea. While this might not be "disaster prevention" take a second pair of laces. They weigh almost nothing and take up almost no room.

If you are planning a trip to India make a list of medicines that you may need. These include medication for Delhi Belly, Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) packs, for small injuries like sprain, cuts, shoe bites, etc. First Aid and so on. Good thing is, you can pick them at the Chemists in major towns easily and cheaper than what you might pay in Home country. Save enough to pay for your next trip! Pick up sufficient quantity of toilet rolls on arrival as you might not find them in remote birding lodges or National Parks. If not a roll, I do make sure I have a sufficient supply of sheets. Good idea! India has different climate zones and depending upon your itinerary, pack appropriate clothes.