basto

Unlimited Tours & Safaris, Moses Ntema in Botswana

196 posts in this topic

Beautiful relaxed leopard spotted by Thuso in Moremi Game Reserve. Fantastic animal!

post-5714-0-12455100-1384440248_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Always wonderful to find wild dogs when out on safari. The sightings are almost always special and if you have time to stay with them you will see their social interaction, their ritual for getting ready to hunt and then it is time to strap yourself tightly and get ready for the hunt. Sometimes you are lucky to see them make the kill but normally you get there a bit to late and not much is left... Wonderful animals! Those ones were found in Moremi Game Reserve on a recent mobile with Thuso Sarefo.

post-5714-0-57510900-1385536134_thumb.jpg

You can more photos on our website: http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/apps/photos/

1 person likes this

Puppies!!!! Btw, Thuso got in touch via FB the other day........

December Special!

The Unlimited team are starting to feel the Christmas spirit and we are happy to announce our December special:

Book a 10 nights full-service safari during 2014 and only pay for 8!

This is a great chance to go on a private guided mobile safari for a really great price. Our full-service safari means that you will travel with a private guide in our game drive vehicle and when you arrive in camp everything will be ready. The en suite tents will be set up, the camp fire is lit, you will have hot water in your en suite shower and the chef will be busy preparing your dinner that you will enjoy under the African skies!

The price is valid for all bookings done during December 2013!

post-5714-0-78644100-1386047163_thumb.jpg

Please contact us on booking@unlimitedsafari.com for more information, or have a look at our website http://www.unlimitedsafari.com for itineraries, rates and camp set up.

We really hope to see you in camp during 2014!

Green season safari in Botswana!

A perfect safari for the green season, Maun to Chobe! This safari takes you on Mokoro to Okavango Delta, walking safari in Kazinkini Community and offroading in Khwai Community. Then on to the once again flowing Savuti Channel before ending with a river cruise to see the elephants of Chobe!

What do you safaritalkers think about this! I would be very happy for you input on this safari, do you miss any places, do you need more nights somewhere or anything else that would make this supersafari even better!

Right now this safari is also extremely good value for money with our 10 nights for the price of 8 nights. I would love to make this a safaritalk get together as well, if there is interest please let me know. We would be happy to put something special together for all you safari lovers!

Please see more on our website http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/maun-to-chobe-green-season or contact us on booking@unlimitedsafari.com

A few days left of 2013...

And this means there is still time for you to take advantage of Unlimited Tours & Safaris Pty Ltd december special:

Book a 10 nights full-service safari during 2014 and only pay for 8!

This is a great chance to go on a private guided mobile safari for a really great price. Our full-service safari means that you will travel with a private guide in our game drive vehicle and when you arrive in camp everything will be ready. The en suite tents will be set up, the camp fire is lit, you will have hot water in your en suite shower and the chef will be busy preparing your dinner that you will enjoy under the African skies!

Please contact us on booking@unlimitedsafari.com for more information, or have a look at our websitehttp://www.unlimitedsafari.com/ for itineraries, rates and camp set up.

We would love to see you in our camp during 2014!

Lovely leopard from Moremi Game Reserve, wonderful animal! Not a bad photo taken by our office manager Thuso Sarefo ;) !!

post-5714-0-93861000-1388331606_thumb.jpg

post-5714-0-49258300-1388494567_thumb.jpg

hey Tom, all the best for 2014 - looking forward to our safari with Moses in july!

Hi Klaus,

all the best to you and your family as well! Looking forward to your visiting Moses in July, it will be great! I am going February 13, so getting a bit excited!

cheers,
Tom

After a good New Year everybody seems to need a little extra water... And after good rains there is now plenty of water in the bush. It has been raining for many days during the holidays in Maun. A time of plenty for all the animals, even though the roads in Moremi are getting interesting ;-)

post-5714-0-68166600-1388761767_thumb.jpg

Lions coming for a drink

post-5714-0-50773600-1388761718_thumb.jpg

Elephants enjoying the water

Pictures taken on a recent mobile safari to Moremi Game Reserve.

Good start to the new year!

We have started the year with a few shorter trips to Moremi, and have had really good game viewing. Lots of general game and also lions, cheetah and wild dogs. Everything is nice and green now, and even though there has been a lot of rain the tracks are still quite ok.

post-5714-0-51313400-1389516015_thumb.jpg

Next few weeks will be busy with some nice safaris to Kalahari, Nxai, Mak and Moremi coming up. Will keep you posted!

Hi, please have a look at our latest news from the bush! We aim to send this to our subscribers about once a month, writing short stories our safaris, things we see in the bush and other things of interest. This news has a trip report from a recent safari to Moremi with good news on wild dogs. Click on the link here: Bush news from Unlimited Tours & Safaris in to Botswana to read it. You can subscribe to it here:http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/newsletter and get the next one directly in your mail!

Trip report from a recent mobile camping safari!

21.01.2014 KHWAI/MAGOTHO

Khwai is a community reserve, which is situated north of Moremi. It is about two hours drive from Maun. Khwai is a private area where you are allowed to off-road and do night drives. We had one guest for two nights in Khwai and Moremi Game Reserve. Nice drive from Maun, as clouds had covered the skya and it was not too hot. The rains have made everything nice and green. We saw some beautiful birds and many insects on the way. The first day for a new guest is always, WOW! We did an introduction to the area, very nice general game, zebras, elephants, giraffes and lovely birds.

Bild.jpg

post-5714-0-59325800-1391023269_thumb.jpg

22.01.2014 MOREMI GAME RESERVE – WILD DOGS!

This day was a full day in Moremi Game Reserve, which was a really good idea because not far from the gate we saw wild dogs! You wish you would see them in Khwai where you can offroad and follow them when they are on the move, but we were lucky this time as they were next to the road. We followed them for some time and got some nice photos and then went on with our drive. Always nice to see the dogs!

Bild%209.jpg

Every moment in the bush is special, we covered more ground and we saw a lot on this drive. Lots of general game enjoying the all the new green grass and leaves, it is a time of plenty at the moment. We went back to camp in the evening, had a nice dinner under the stars and then watched some bush tv and ended the night telling bush stories around the campfire. What a nice way to end a great day!

23.01.2014 MOREMI GAME RESERVE – LIONS AND HYENAS

Wake up early in the morning and a nice cup of tea to start the day. No noise from cars or other machines, just animal sounds, everybody in todays modern world should experience this! We started our game drive and not far from camp we found some relaxed lions feeding on a giraffe. One male and females, what a lucky boy ;-). It takes a lot of experience before lions can put down a giraffe, they are tall and strong and can really kick their opponents.

Bild%2011.jpg

Not far from the lions the hyenas were waiting for their turn. They know they have to wait until the lions are done, otherwise they might pay with their life. And they know there will be leftovers after the lions that they can eat. Hyenas have the most powerful bite of all mammals for it´s size, and can easily crush the bones that the lions have left.

CONCLUSION

You could not ask for more from a two night trip, good general game, birds, lots of insects and predators on a kill! All of this in two nights, just imagine what you can experience in a 10 night mobile camping safari with Unlimited Tours & Safari!

2 people like this

Just got a short report from Moses, he is on a mobile in CKGR and gameviewing seems to be really nice at the moment.

Moses wrote:

"they are very happy they saw 6 cheetahs,13 lions and good general game...."

Nice day at work...

2 people like this

Please have a look at this link for some nice pictures from a fantastic mobile safari two weeks ago, really good stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/gary.gamso/media_set?set=a.10152226520287246.1073741849.509457245&type=1

Botswana can really deliver in the green season!

Wow, just back from a fantastic mobile with Unlimited Tours & Safaris! We saw everything we could wish for, lions, leopards, cheetahs and wild dogs, just wonderful! Moses tracking is as good as ever, some of the sightings were done by hard tracking for quite some time combined with a deeper knowledge of animal behavior, and others just from his incredible eyesight and memory. One example was two cheetah brothers spotted in Xinii lagoon on our transfer back from second bridge, suddenly he just stops the car and says, oh, there we have a cheetah. I looked everywhere but could not see it, so Moses says "over on the other side, by that tree". It was at least 300 meters away, I needed binoculars to see it... We drove around and got within 5 meters of them and had a great sighting of the two of them just resting and checking the area. When we left I had to ask Moses how he could see them, and he answers like it was the most natural thing in the world, " the tree did not look the same as last time...". Well, I wonder how many trees you see driving from second Bridge to Xinii, but I guess that is why Moses is in the bush and I am in the office ;-)

I also managed to get into his hard drive and see some pictures from old safaris, some really nice stuff and I can imagine you guys can know a few of those places. You can see more in his gallery on the website: http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/apps/photos/

post-5714-0-73494600-1394089004_thumb.jpg

post-5714-0-20978900-1394088769_thumb.jpg

post-5714-0-43685200-1394088499_thumb.jpg

Recovered_Bmp_54.bmp

2 people like this

Please enjoy this video from our guest a couple of weeks ago, discussing the sightings and how Moses finds the animals! You will get a few tips on what he is looking for and how he works. Also some lovely photographs and video clips from Gary Gamso. For me it is fantastic just to listen to all the sounds of Africa in the background, that just makes you want to run to the closest airport and get going ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=565755483523739&l=8398909987814438091

1 person likes this

Owner and head guide of Unlimited Tours & Safaris Pty Ltd Moses Ntema in Central Kalahari Game Reserve! Moses is a keen photographer and seldom misses a chance to get a good shot. Here shooting some Kalahari landscapes with oryx and springbok in front of the rainbow! Beeing a photographer himself Moses loves to have other photographers as guests and know just what they want on a safari!

post-5714-0-97203000-1395043160_thumb.jpg

For once I managed to capture him instead of all animals!

2 people like this

hey Tom, all the best for 2014 - looking forward to our safari with Moses in july!

Hi @@ice can you please show some photographs of the tents, inside and out and the general camp set up when you post your trip report. Looking forward to hearing about it. thanks Pen

@@penolva

ghee, I'm an old man, I'm afraid you will have to remind me when the time has arrived (however, I can guarantee you that I will take some footage, although more likely video and not still pictures)

@@ice ha ha!!!! Not as old as me I bet, but I will remind you. Video would be even better, have enjoyed your ones in the past. Pen

A few pictures from our camp, we are using 3x3 m dome tents with en-suite toilet and shower in the back! Inside we are using foldable camping beds with proper mattress and bedding, a small table with a lantern! In front you will have a washing basin that is filled up every morning, lunch and evening. In the back accessible directly from the tent is a shower (filled up whenever you like) and long drop toilet.

post-5714-0-73670000-1395323557_thumb.jpg

post-5714-0-56028900-1395323582_thumb.jpg

Camp in Moremi at Second Bridge, here you can see the en suite part in the back of the tent. Fantastic spot to camp, nothing but wilderness all around, and leopard just outside camp, exciting!

post-5714-0-05765200-1395323649_thumb.jpeg

Camp at Kumaga in Makgadikgadi

post-5714-0-26527900-1395323719_thumb.jpeg

Inside of tent, you can see the camping bed is covered up and you have a 15 cm mattress and bedding. The tents have flaps on all sides and in the top, so you can open and get some light and breeze into the tent. Really nice at night to lie in bed and look at the stars! (and hope there will be no rain during the night ;-)... )

post-5714-0-97750300-1395323860_thumb.jpeg

Another angle of the tent interior, you also see the table that is good for books and other items. A lantern and some Peaceful Sleep is provided.

post-5714-0-80154900-1395323995_thumb.jpeg

Coffee and tea is always available at the gazebo!

post-5714-0-77795000-1395325155_thumb.jpeg

Roughing it out in the bush...

post-5714-0-99978300-1395325218_thumb.jpeg

Don´t ask me how, but yes, fresh baked bread from the fire. Wonderful!

I hope this gives a little more detail on our camp, I would say our camp is very comfortable and the food is delicious, but it is still camping out in the bush, close to nature! Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve our camp!

@@penolva and @@ice, hope those pictures give you an impression of our camp, but I agree that a video would be even better!

3 people like this

@@basto thanks so much for the excellent detail in the photographs, It certainly appeals to us. @@ice the videos will still be appreciated. Pen

Let me also introduce Thuso Sarefo, office manager and owner of Unlimited Tours & Safaris Pty Ltd. I guess a few of you already know Thuso after meeting him in Kwando camps where he used to be camp manager. Thuso now runs our office, communicates with all our guests, makes sure that everything is booked and arranged so every safari runs smoothly! Thuso knows all the parks of Botswana and can create the perfect safari for you! He is also a professional guide and every now and then he takes a trip out in the bush! All this is done with a smile on his face, and you probably all know the next joke is never far away!

post-5714-0-20390400-1396283024_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this