See all Safaritalk Special Offers

basto

Unlimited Tours & Safaris, Moses Ntema in Botswana

196 posts in this topic

Hi Tom

Sorry, I didn't get the wrong impression, I just could't find in which areas you do your safaris.

Skål,

Kasper

Hi KasperW

Nice to hear from other ST from Denmark

go søndag

1 person likes this

Hi Africalover

Think AndBeyond have release rhino in one of their concessions, think I read somewhere.

Ser spændende ud med dine ture. Har været på mobil safari Delta, Savuti, Chobe Vic Falls, samt i Katavi.

Hvor er du fra og har du et rigtigt navn? Er fra Hellerup.

Så 3 rådyr og et par harer i går på mountainbike tur i Tisvilde Hegn!

Mvh

Kasper

1 person likes this

I hope that Game Warden dont mind me writing a little bit in Danish :-)

Hej Kasper

Jeg hedder Michael og bor i Hvidovre. Jeg har læst det indlæg om genindførsel af næsehorn i Deltaet. Jeg ved at de har været sat ud på Chiefs island, for år tilbage.

Lige som dig har jeg også været på fantastiske ture til Afrika. Altid bushcamp og for det meste kun med familie, elsker når det er rigtig vildt.

Har været i Delta og Moremi 2 gange, Khwai, Savuti, Chobe, Vic-Falls, Caprivi ( Bwabwata), Augrabiesfalls (Sydafrika), Kgalagadi ( Kalahari), Selous, Ruaha og Mikumi.

Tager om 4 uger til Selous igen, hvor vi campere vildt ( special campsite Lake Manze og Stieglers Gorge).

Planlægger Ruaha og Katavi september næste år, Hvor vi campere vildt ( special campsite).

Jeg kan forstå at du har været i Katavi. For mig kan Katavi næsten ikke blivere vildere. Hvordan var din tur?

Go søndag

Michael

No problem at all. Now translate so the rest of us can understand :)

Hi Michael

Am busy, gotta run, there is a koncert in the park tonight.

Not to hijack this thread, please send me an e-mail on

kasperw@mail.tele.dk

and I will answer you tomorrow.

An d please translate my prior post for the game Warden :P

Kasper

You are right i will send you an email.

Enjoy the Wall

Michael

Hi all,

Moses went back to Moremi over the weekend with guests to explore the "new" area, and he seems a bit excited over the place... This is his comment on FB
This is Black Pool,today was Rocking with the sighting of lions,a pack wild dogs,Moremi second Bridge where we camped a male Cheetah, general game i have no words,describable,the diversity amazing!!!!!That was with Unlimited Tours & Safari,What an explorable Reserve,Book with us to get the amazing experience/Best few Days!!!!!!

So it seems Moremi is really good at the moment! We have a few open days in the coming weeks so please come visit if you are close by!

So now Unlimited Tours & Safaris have 7 en suite tent ready with all equipment - this means we can take no less than 14 Safaritalkers at next GTG. Imagine the stories around the campfire.... So what are we waiting for ;)

post-5714-0-45398700-1376540323_thumb.jpg

Latest news from Moses is really exciting, good times at the moment!

This is a very dry year all lagoons that use to hold water all year round we now experiance them are drying up,that makes more concentration of wildlife&birdlife in areas with water! amazing!!

Some news from Moses again. He was out yesterday to Moremi and on a daytrip saw no less then 6 different cheetah! But he also did a classic photo mistake - his battery was dead... Well, he is out today again so hopefully we can get some nice photos.

We have a new partner!

We are extremely happy to announce that we have a new co owner and office manager for Unlimited Tours & Safaris Pty Ltd! Welcome aboard Thuso Sarefo!
post-5714-0-18981100-1379341454_thumb.jpg

Thuso was born and raised in Maun and went to school up to junior level before he started working for Island Safaris from 1999 as a scolary. Between 1999 to 2002 Thuso made his way up to assistant manager and then moved on to Sepopa and managed their camp called Swamp Stop until 2007. He then moved to Kwando where he has been working as a camp manager and helping out as guide. Thuso have managed all the Kwando camps except Nxai pan. I am sure a lot of you have met him on your safaris to Kwando. I had the pleasure to meet him at Kwara in 2009!

And now he joins Unlimited Tours & Safaris so we can offer you even better safaris. Thuso will run the office, handle itineraries and bookings and see to that all is in order! You are very welcome, Thuso!
1208851_475634345869187_269635703_n.jpg

1 person likes this

Met him last year in Lagoon.

1 person likes this

Nice Wilddogger, hope you had a good time! Well, if you were at lagoon that is kind of a silly thing to say :rolleyes:

Anybody else have some nice memories of meeting Thuso in camp?

How about this for a great mobile/lodge combination safari for all you Botswana lovers...

7 nights luxury mobile safari in Moremi, Khwai and Savuti with Unlimited Tours & Safaris Pty Ltd guided by professional guide Moses Ntema, followed by 3 nights luxury logde safari at Little Kwara run by Kwando Safaris.

Or 9 nights mobile safari in Central Kalahari and Nxai Pan with Moses and ending with 3 nights at Kwando safaris lodge in Nxai Pan

We think this combination can give you the best of both worlds, roughing it and having the freedom and flexibility of a mobile mobile but also enjoy the great private concessions, guide/tracker combination, meet some new people and take a well earned warm shover ;-)
post-5714-0-29643000-1379704957_thumb.jpg
Sundowner at Nxai

Contact us at booking@unlimitedsafari.com for more info, itineraries and prices.

1 person likes this

Great news, Tom ...... Tuso I've known for a few years now, I've seen his progression from a receptionist to camp manager after all his hard work, determination and effort ............. Started out as receptionist at Lebala, then assistant manager and then camp manager at one of the desert camps (think Tau Pan) and then moving to Lagoon last year.

On our final day at Lagoon last September, we invited Thuso on drive with us ........ What happens next! We get charged by 3 different angry Linyanti Elephants from different herds (one might have been a single bull in Musth) after no such incidents over a two week stretch. We ended that game drive by telling him that to hang out next time we will just sit in the lounge during quiet time and have a chat!!!! hahaha Good times ........

Edited by madaboutcheetah
1 person likes this

October Special for 10 day Northern Botswana safari!

Here is your chance to go on safari and see the fantastic wildlife of Northern Botswana. We have had such good safaris last weeks so now we want more people to experience this.

Day 1 and 2 Chobe National park (Game drives and boat cruises)
Day 3 and 4 Savuti (Game drives)
Day 5 and 6 Kwhai ( Game drives, walks and night drives)
Day 7,8 and 9 Moremi ( Game drives and Mokoro-Dugout canoes.)
Day 10 End of Safari.

post-5714-0-93391400-1380957268_thumb.jpg

For 5 people or more the price is now just 2700 USD per person, that is quite a deal! Please contact us on booking@unlimitedsafari.com for more details and a personal quote.

New website

Please have a look at our new website at www.unlimitedsafari.com! Please let me know if you miss something or find something odd that you don´t like. We would be grateful for input on any other information you would like/need or just simply if you like it or not ;-).

Moses has been out all week in Moremi so looking forward to a sightings report on Friday!

/Tom

Kalahari in December
The rains will soon come and the flat grasslands of Central Kalahari Game Reserve will teem with wildlife, which gather at the best grazing areas. The northern Deception Valley is one of the highlights, because of the dense concentrations of herbivores attracted by the weet grasses during and after the rainy season (and of course the accompanying predators).

post-5714-0-32188200-1382602731_thumb.jpg

We invite you to join us on safari to experience this magical place at it´s best. You will experience wonderful wildlife, great scenery, dinner under the stars, exceptional guiding and we believe you will go home with great memories! For more details and prices have a look at: http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/kalahari-safari-9-days.

For more info or a personal itinerary and qoute please contact us on booking@unlimitedsafari.com

1 person likes this

Wild dogs from a recent trip to Moremi. Such a treat to see those magnificent animals out in the wild! We must treasure those moments, and do all we can do make sure they will be around forever.

post-5714-0-56711100-1382812869_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Secretary bird performing for springboks at a recent trip to Nxai Pan. Not always the big predators, a lot of other fascinating animals out there!

post-5714-0-53148900-1383068651_thumb.jpg

Thuso goes to Makgadikgadi!

It was the highligt of Makgadikgadi for me, I do not have enough words to explain how good this area is at this time of the year. You have zebras, wildebeest, kudus all along the riverbank and this is also where we found the lions. Watching them was amazing, especially interesting was the subadults that don´t have the experience to hunt properly. We watched them hunting, running straight towards the zebras and wildebeest, not stalking as you would expeckt. They made a few attempts but no luck since the animals could see them coming from a long way. This did not bother us as we were watching more and more zebras and other general game coming down to the river for a last sip of water for the day.

post-5714-0-73641000-1383404040_thumb.jpg

A beautiful sunset looking down the river and it is easy to forget you have to be back in camp before 7. Back at camp we had a nice shower, dinner under the stars before going off to bed to be ready for the next day! You can see more pictures on our website: http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15198364

Will add the following days soon, and add more photos from Makgadikgadi and Nxai Pan.

Another nice pic from Thuso, a big male lion from Moremi! For more pictures from Thuso please have a look at our photo gallery:http://www.unlimitedsafari.com/apps/photos/

post-5714-0-91041300-1384082443_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

@@basto - Hello to Thuso if you speak to him.