This is an outline idea for a detailed property review to give Safaritalk members an indepth review of the property in which you stayed. If you feel some questions are not pertinent, feel free to omit them, or if you feel you have other observations to add, please feel free to do so. If you feel you have a better review structure, please feel free to use it, providing a detailed insight into the property.
Please copy and paste the below questions into your post and then answer. If there is already a topic for the property, please add your review to that one. If not, please start a new topic for each different camp or lodge you stayed at. Do be as brief or as detailed as you wish when responding, and please do also write a trip report. Note, this questionnaire is about the property itself, not the whole safari and is just a guide:
1) Name of property and country: (Please also include name of property and country as topic title and include as tags as well)
2) Website address if known:
3) Date of stay, including whether Green Season, Shoulder season or High season pricing (if known).
4) Length of stay:
5) Why did you choose this camp or lodge to stay in? Based upon what?
6) How did you book the property, direct or agent? Were your enquiries dealt with quickly and efficiently?
7) How many times have you been on Safari?
8) To which countries?
9) Which properties have you been to previously that you are comparing this one to?
10) Was the camp/lodge fenced?
11) How many rooms/tents does it have?
12) What tent or room did you stay in? Did it have a good view? Was it overlooked or private?
13) How comfortably furnished was the room/tent?
14) Did you like the food? If yes, please state why. If no, please state why.
15) Was there a varied menu offering multiple choice? If vegetarian was a suitable alternative offered? (Did you have to request this in advance?)
16) What is the default dining arrangement? Single tables or communal dining? Do the guides/managers host at mealtimes?
17) How good were the packed breakfasts/lunches if staying out on game drives?
18) What are the game drive vehicles? Please include photo if possible.
19) How many guests per row?
20) How long were the game drives and were they varied in the routes taken?
21) What are the standard game drive times? Are game drive times flexible: i.e., if agreed in advance, can you go out earlier than suggested and stay out later, i.e., not returning for lunch but taking supplies with you?
22) Is this a private conservancy/concession, and what is the vehicle/lodge density like?
23) If in a National Park, what is the vehicle density in the immediate vicinity?
24) Are you able to off-road?
25) Are there rotation policies for sightings i.e., You face the risk of queuing or being bumped from a sighting.
26) What wildlife is this property known for? Did you get good sightings?
27) How was the standard of guiding?
28) If you had a bad experience with a guide, why? Did you report the issue to management, and if so, how did they deal with the issue?
29) If you had a very good experience with your guide, please give reasons why:
30) Were staff attentive to your requests/needs?
31) Does the property support a local community conservation initiative. If so, please provide brief details and website address if known.
32) Safaritalk trip report link:
33) Any other pertinent details you wish to add:
34) Please add your photographs of the property below, with headings.