Tanzania 2011 - my first safari ever

michael-ibk

Very cool! Thanks!!
I will definitely consider them for future trips.

• 2 weeks later...

A caracal! You not only saw it, but photographed it! Well done! And I had been impressed with the serval. The tommy, zebra, giraffe shot shows the variety all in one place. I'm glad the lady with tse tse-phobia was not too much of a problem. We agree that cheetah is the cream of the crop. I recognized that baobab tree in Tarangire. So nice the elephants paraded to the river for you in Tarangire. Your vehicle mates are right. There really is nothing else like it.

Your albino baboon buddy is still there and he had a young normal pigmented playmate.

It doesn't get much better than one of the best weeks of your life!

michael-ibk

Oh, you saw my little albino baboon? Wonderful, I´m really glad he´s still well, can´t be easy for a conspicous guy like him. I hope you have pictures of him, really looking forward to your report. :)

And I´m really starting to wish I (or anyone else in our group) HAD realized how big a deal the caracal sighting was. I remember, someone in the car even muffled "Löffelhund" (=bat-eared fox), at least I knew what it was. Quite concinced I can go to Africa a hundred times now and will never see another again, considering all your "Wow! Caracal!" posts (and Tomeslice´s failed quest). :rolleyes:

A serval and a caracal - you can forget buying any other lottery tickets - you struck the big one already

:-D

Edited by johnkok