Kasanka, Bangweulu & Liuwa in Nov-Dec with Robin Pope Safaris

Atravelynn

Well, shame about Chris and his photos.

That is true @@Atravelynn I think it did have initial planning stages right here! Your trip reports often have that effect on people - I've already been on one Lynn-inspired trip to Brooks Falls, for instance!

Well, shame about Chris and his photos.

That is true @@Atravelynn I think it did have initial planning stages right here! Your trip reports often have that effect on people - I've already been on one Lynn-inspired trip to Brooks Falls, for instance!

I've definitely found inspiration here too :) And trying to think of bringing with me a nice Virginia replacement for your cramberries but can't think of anything quite as colorful or folksy!

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic trip this was. Lady Liuwa is beautiful. I also like seeing so much hyena and wildebeest behavior. And if I'm very late to the report, well, after seeing those bats, at least I can say that there can be no better report on Safaritalk to read right before Halloween. :)

• 2 years later...

@@Atravelynn as you know I expressed a serious interest you in visiting Liuwa Plain, Bangweulu, and of course Kasanka, After seeing your trip report I'm more interested than ever because I realize that this is simply one of the most extraordinary and off the beaten path safaris that anyone can do anywhere in Africa. I know it be literally awe inspiring as well as mind blowing. It's an inimitable experience which can't be duplicated anywhere else. There are so many aspects of it.

@@Atravelynn what is arguably the most awesome thing of all is that you saw a zorilla. I know that @@Tom Kellie must be seething with anger.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Optig! It might be through Norman Carr that you get to Liuwa, as they are now operating in the area. I am sure you'll get there one way or another and you will love it with or without that rare zorilla!