Mystery bird

mphelps

I cannot identify this bird, Picture was taken on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater in September of 2012. If anyone can help with an identification it would be wonderful.

post-6638-0-42229100-1357417608.jpg

Nice photo beautiful bird it's a Violet-backed starling Cinnyricynclus leucogaster

Looks like a Violet-backed Starling.

Thank you! I could not find it in any of my "East Africa" bird books but with your help found it in "Southern Africa" books. I am not much of a birder but have been spellbound by those I have seen if Africa. This picture was taken by a friend who asked me to help her identify it and I knew that you all could help. She climbed Kilimanjaro and then visited the Crater where she took this picture. Thanks, again!