Graynomad, tell us more about...

Game Warden

Wothahellizat Mk1 and 2.

That beast looks amazing...

Any build up photos?

I concur, paint it primer black add ram bars/spikes and it looks a Mad Max special! :D

I just found this thread by accident while snooping around, I've been clicking on "View new content" but it hasn't shown a lot of new posts from what I can see.

Mad Max special!

When people ask me what the truck is like I say "Think of it as Mad Max meets Winnebago" :D

The truck has had two incarnations. I built Mk1 from 1998-2001

http://robgray.com/graynomad/wothahellizat/wot1/index.php

and then cut it all apart and built Mk2 in 2007-8

http://robgray.com/graynomad/wothahellizat/wot2/index.php

On both those pages you will see links in the menu to "Construction diaries" where a lot of the build process is documented.

There are plenty of photos there, way too many to post here. The early ones are pretty crap scans but that's the gear I had at the time.

Rob

Great truck ,but would have a problem finding a camp site here in Botswana,the trees are not tall enough. :D

Yeah, people always say to me "Gee that could go anywhere", I point to my tiny Suzuki Jimny and say "That can go anywhere, the truck is way too large for many places".

A couple of years ago I spent 3 months in the outback with my 45-series Cruiser, it was such a liberating experience to have a small vehicle that was not restricted by low trees, narrow tracks, tight corners etc.

Rob

Yep,horses for courses.Outback or one of our salt pan areas would suit your beast.Also Masai Mara seems like a good spot to park off.

Yep, open country is good. Can you imagine sitting on the deck of the truck parked in the Mara, watching the wildlife with a beer? (that's me with the beer, not the wildlife) Every now and then reach down, pick up a camera and take a quick snap then return to the evening drinks.

That's how nature photography aught to be.

Rob

No reason why beer and wild life won't mix. :) Just think ,the more beer you drink ,the more wild life you will see. :P

problem is: you're not allowed to climb outside your vehicle in the mara ;-) and at least in the triangle, they do enforce that rule

No problem, I could live in the truck for maybe 2 weeks without getting out, even longer probably.

Edited by graynomad